Ladies and Gentleman…
The moment you’ve been waiting for…
VEGAN Jalapeno Pale Ale Cornbread.
Ooh la la.
This recipe is adopted from the Beeroness, a lady who puts beer in literally everything, basically making her my dads hero. Obviously I changed it up a little to make it vegan, but somehow, I forgot to put corn in it.
Who the hell makes cornbread but forgets the corn?
I’m ashamed of myself.
HAHA who am I kidding. It was freaking delicious. Forget about corn.
Jalapeno Pale Ale Cornbread
By February 3, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 pan (10 slices Servings)
- Prep: 10 minutes mins
- Cook: 30-50 minutes mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
This cornbread is moist and delicious, and the beer and jalapenos give it the perfect flavor. Try to find a beer with chili and spice flavors, and DON'T FORGET THE CORN.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
- 1 chopped fresh jalapeno
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 cup cream corn
- 2 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter, melted
- 2 egg equivalents
- Preheat oven to 350 and place cast iron skillet inside while it preheats.
- In a sauce pan over medium/heat, add 3 tablespoons butter and the jalapenos and cook until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and corn meal and stir until the milk starts to bubble and is well combined with the corn meal. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, and egg replacement. Stir in the water for the egg replacement and agave nectar.
- Add the beer and the corn kernels, stirring until just combined. Take the skillet out of the preheated oven, spray generously with nonstick cooking spray, and add the batter to the prepared baking dish and pour the 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the top. Enjoy.
- Skill Level: Beginner
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress