By March 8, 2013Published:
This recipe is very flexible. Add whatever nuts and seeds you would like and don't put in anything you don't want.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup -plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch mace
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine first 11 ingredients and toss until everything is evenly incorporated.
- In a smaller bowl, combine oil, syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla. Using a fork, whip it until combined and smooth.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and mix using a wooden spoon. Spread the granola over the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Then, suing a spatula, flip the granola and move it around a bit. Drizzle more maple syrup over it and put it in the oven for 10 more minutes. Flip it and move it around some more and bake it in 5 minute intervals until it is toasty brown. EAT ALL OF IT. Enjoy. (;
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress